Whole Brew World Tour
About San Diego
Whole Brew World is proud to partner with BJ Travel Center to create the best in beer travel. BJ Travel Center is a full service travel agency established in Fremont, Ca since 1977. This Whole Brew World beercation package will be booked through BJ Travel Center. BJ Travel Center will accept all deposits and final payments.
The Craft Beer Capital of America
October 18-21, 2018 - 4 Days and 3 Nights
- $1220 per person based on double occupancy
- $1478 per person based on single occupancy
- Traveling with 3 or more people? Request info for triple and quadruple occupancy rates
- Not including taxes and fees
Why is San Diego, California the craft beer capital? Well, there's over 150 breweries. And many of them have gained worldwide recognition and the most prestigious accolades in the whole beer world! Then of course there are countless beer bars!
San Diego brewers have built a unique reputation for innovation, expanding the boundaries of style, and for creating perfectly balanced brews that deliver big character.
The task of visiting them all is daunting. Creating a beer trip with a 4-day itinerary seems impossible. But the challenge was accepted and this beer adventure takes you from the surf to the city and is one to savor!
FROM SURF TO CITY
Day One: Cheers to new friends and new beerginnings!
Arrive in sunny SoCal with your thirst and love of adventure! Your beercation begins after you check in to your hotel room and head down to the lobby bar to meet your guide and the rest of your group. It's time to cheers to the first day of fun and hoppiness. Together board the groups own private transportation and head off to the waterfront at Point Loma, where San Diego was first discovered.
There, you will visit Eppig Brewing's Waterfront Biergarten for happy hour and enjoy your first flight of award-winning craft beers with scrumptious bites. Relax on the outdoor patio and get to know your new found beer buddies while gazing over Mission Bay at sunset before heading back to your downtown hotel for a good night's rest. You will need it!
Day Two: The big breweries and the yeast that makes it all possible.
It's important to chow down on a hearty breakfast before a day of brewery hopping! And don't forget your Whole Brew World Beer Tasting Notebook. The first half of the day will be spent visiting San Diego's biggest breweries. AleSmith Brewing Company, rated the #1 brewery in the world in 2014 by RateBeer, is most known for its Speedway Stout. Take in the sites of this massive brewery while sipping on special release beers. Also slip into a separate secret tasting room that only offers their decadent barrel aged beers.
Next move on to Ballast Point Brewing to see where the famous Sculpin IPA is brewed. After the guided brewery tour, sit in the private dining room for lunch and a flight of beer. Your guide will help you choose from over 50 beers on tap ranging from rich and malty to tart and sour. You're not done yet.
It's time to geek out at White Labs where you will learn about yeast and how it turns that sugar water into the beers we love. Then in the tasting room, enjoy a flight of one style of beer that's made with different yeast strands and experience how much yeast impacts the complexity and overall profile of the beer!
You now deserve a break before heading out for a world class dinner at the award-winning Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens. This venue at Liberty Station was once the U.S. Navy mess hall and is now an expansive restaurant with new industrial and organic features. You will enjoy outdoor seating among the sounds of trickling fountains and splashes of Delicious IPA. Finish off the evening with some cornhole or bocce ball before returning to the hotel for the night. You'll be dreaming about this one.
Day Three: A beer safari, gaslamps, a taste of Italy or Mexico...
Need a little morning pick me up? You got it! After breakfast, you will be picked up just outside your hotel in a vintage Swiss Safari vehicle for an ultimate beer exploration. Drink ice cold road beers in style from one brewery to the next. With 6 rugged wheels and open air design, this vehicle makes everyone else on the road wish they were you. During this private four and a half hour tour, visit 3 breweries with your new beer buddies. Enjoy VIP treatment and taste some of the best beers San Diego has to offer! Ambers, Belgians, and Bruts, oh my. This tour also includes a mouth-watering lunch from Phil's BBQ, voted best barbecue in San Diego since 1998.
With a full belly and a smile on your face, go back to your room for a nap or a dip in the pool. The rest of the day is on your own. Take a walk in the bustling Gaslamp District and listen to some live music or sit on a rooftop bar. Hop around to some more breweries like Karl Strauss in the Little Italy District. Or take a quick ride to Barrio Logan, an epicenter of the city's Mexican-American culture where you can get the city's best voted tacos at Salud! and an amazing selection of beers at Border X Brewing right across the street. Your guide is there to help lead you in the right direction. Wanna just hang at the hotel and play some board games? You can do that too!
Day Four: Memories to cherish
You can't believe it's over. So many great beers and memories to go with them. After your final breakfast, meet in the hotel lobby for a group picture and heart-felt goodbye's. Cheers, not tears! Your guide will send you off with hopes of seeing you again on the next beer adventure.
Where will you go?
- mall guided groups averaging 10 guests
- Hotel accommodations centrally located in downtown San Diego
- Transportation to all scheduled activities
- An escort who is a certified Cicerone and specializes in hospitality to assist you with all your beer and travel needs
- Visit 8 of San Diego's most popular breweries
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour at two breweries and learn how beer is brewed
- Visit the global headquarters of White Labs, the full production facility and laboratory of the largest brewing yeast manufacturer in the world
- Bond over beer and bites with your new beer buds while taking in the view at a waterfront beer garden
- Dine and drink at one of the world's most famous breweries, Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens followed by Bocce Ball and/or Cornhole
- Take a guided tour in an open air swiss safari vehicle to 3 local breweries for beer, award winning Phil's BBQ and a brewery tour
- Take a tour at Ballast Point Brewing Co. followed by a beer tasting and lunch in the private dining room
- Take advantage of time on your own to explore San Diego's diverse neighborhoods, such as Little Italy, the Gaslamp District or Barrio Logan
- 7 Meals (3 breakfasts at the hotel, 2 lunches, 2 dinners); snacks and beers; admission fees; service charges; gratuities
- A gift bag with beer travel essentials
WHAT TO KNOW
People from all walks of life and all ages join our trips. We get a mix of couples, singles, family and friends, usually between 25 and 60 years of age. These beer trips are designed not just for beer-loving travelers but also for those looking for an adventure, the structure of a guided tour, for spending time exploring independently. Without exception everyone comes to have a good time and the variety of people and interests found on each trip makes it all the more fun. Planned events and excursions will, for the most part, be casual and informal. Guided touring may be included in the itinerary, but you can always rely on the support and assistance of your trip leader around-the-clock.
This itinerary is subject to change based on brewery or hotel availability, force majeur, bad weather, etc. Substitutions, will be made when necessary with the same intent of providing a unique, insider travel experience.
Prices are based on double occupancy and single occupancy. A $100 per person nonrefundable deposit is due by August 17, 2018, and final payment is due by September 17, 2018. Once trip is paid in full, additional cancellation fees do apply. A group minimum is required, and if the minimum is not met, deposits and/or final payments are fully refundable. If your trip is cancelled by Whole Brew World or BJ Travel for any other reason, you will receive a full refund or you may opt to reschedule for another trip on a future tour date. Travelers must be 21 years or older and must provide current ID with deposit to confirm trip. Travel insurance is recommended.
- Checks (cashier's or personal) and money orders should be made payable to BJ Travel.
- Credit Cards are accepted through Paypal. Secure Credit Card transactions will be prompted during the registration process.
- An invoice for final payment will be sent approximately 30 - 45 days prior to departure.
- Final travel documents will be sent via email as a PDF, approximately 2 weeks prior to departure.
- Most trips require a minimum 6 travelers.
As long as we are informed in advance of any food allergies or dietary needs, we can mostly accommodate for it. In some rare instances, where substitutions may not be locally available, we will notify you and request you bring your own substitutions.
NOT INCLUDED: airfare, airport transfers upon arrival and departure, dinner on one free night, gratuity for Whole Brew World guide, travel protection.
BJ Travel can assist with travel insurance, airfare, and hotels pre- and post-trip.